fashioning

1 a : to give shape or form to : MOLD b : ALTER, TRANSFORM c : to mold into a particular character by influencing or training

Thursday, December 29, 2005

[emergent evolution]: The Evolution of a Conversation:

[emergent evolution]: The Evolution of a Conversation:

Finally! I've seen someone articulate a thought that has been rolling around in my head for years. It was in the back somewhere as a 'feeling' I had that I just wasn't sure what it was. I think there are two concerns here: the allure of fame and money and the loss of distinct voices.

Whether they become a movement, and institution or their own denomination, I hope they do not become tempted by fame and money and hold true to the efforts to share Christ with the world. I am certain that the allure of book sales and speaker's fees is strong and tempting and it would be a shame to lose thoughtful and passioned Christians to such things. Jesus did not command a speaker fee for His work, and even provided food for the crowds.

Secondly, as John pointed out, the creation of a formal organization leads to the loss of voices as the organization forms its official stances. I won't rehash here, please read what John had to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home